I don’t know about your kids, but mine LOVE pizza. I’m pretty sure that 99.999% of all kids love pizza. I mean, what’s not to love… bread, cheese and toppings of choice. Pizza is one of those meals that can be made to cater to any eating occasion…breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, snack…it’s all out there. I try to keep the ingredients for flatbread pizzas on hand at all times. A mama never knows when the promise of a homemade (read kid made) pizza for lunch or dinner will by her some extra clean-up or quiet time. (What? I’m not above bribes for the right reasons.)
For this recipe you will need:
- One Naan flatbread
- One clove of Garlic ~ pressed
- Little Salt & Pepper
- One TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Artichokes ~ chopped
- 1/2 Cup Italian Cheese Blend
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 Degrees F
- Mix the Olive Oil and Garlic together and spread it on the Naan, bubble side up
- Sprinkle a little Salt & Pepper over the oil and garlic
- Spread a small amount of the cheese on the Naan
- Put the chopped Artichokes over the cheese
- Top the Artichokes with the remaining cheese
- Place the naan on the middle rack of the preheated oven (You could use a cookie sheet, placing the naan directly on the rack will give you a crisper crust.)
- Cook for about 6 or 7 minutes until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- Cool, slice and serve.
My kids go for a classic cheese or sausage and cheese pizza. With only three or four ingredients it is so quick to make and delicious too! Grilled flatbread pizza is divine. You might end up saving yourself some dining out cash after you grill these for the first time…SO GOOD! You can pick up the Naan flatbread usually in the deli area of your local grocery. I find mine in front of the deli counter. The topping possibilities are endless with this recipe. I frequently make a “clean out the fridge pizza” and top my naan with veggies, meat and cheeses, that we might only have a little left of, but not enough for a full meal alone. Depending on if you have to prep anything, this is a 10 minute hot lunch or dinner.
Do you have a pizza topping combination that you love? Mine is smoked salmon, capers, arugula and crème fraiche. I’d love to hear if you try this recipe out and what toppings you used!
Linking up the Tuesday Talk hosts:
Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls, Crystal at Hall Around Texas, Jessica at Sweet Little Ones, Stefanie at Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, & Dylan Too , Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me , Becky at BYBMG, Lindsay at Lindsay’s Sweet World, Sarah at Sarah E. Frazer , Justine at Full Hands, Full Heart, Christina at Waltzing In Beauty, Meghan at The Adventure Starts Here, Tina at Go Big or Go Home and Whitney at Polka-Dotty Place