I love fish tacos, the flavor and texture combinations are so good. I have a couple of recipes that I have made over the last 12 or so years. One is labor intensive and takes quite a while for prepping and cooking. The one I’m going to share with you is not a lot of work and it’s quick. I need quick meals, I survive these days of Mamahood on quick meals. The other thing I really like about this recipe is that it has only six ingredients, three of which are fresh produce. The dressing I use is Bolthouse Farms’ Cilantro Avocado Yogurt Dressing (this is not a sponsored post). This stuff is delicious, as in I want to use it for everything delicious and it is only 40 calories per serving.
20 Minute Fish Tacos
- Already seasoned/breaded frozen fish fillet
- Soft white corn tortillas
- Fresh Avocado ~ cut into bite size pieces or sliced
- Fresh Tomatoes ~ cut into bite size pieces
- Fresh Cabbage ~shredded (I buy already shredded cabbage)
- Bolthouse Farms Cilantro Avocado Dressing
- Cook fish fillet according to package instructions
- Wrap in the tortillas in aluminum foil and place it in the oven for the last 5 or so minutes of baking the fish. (I wrap 5 tortillas at a time).
- While the fish is cooking dice the avocado and tomatoes and shred the cabbage (or place the bought cabbage in a serving bowl).
- When the fish is done cooking remove it (and the tortillas) from the oven and let it sit for a couple of minutes before cutting it into slices.
- Fill a warm tortilla with fish, cabbage, dressing, tomato and avocado.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can use whatever fish you prefer and this is easily a gluten-free meal (depending on your fish breading). I used a breaded Alaskan Cod this time. I have used a grilled tilapia, salmon and even shrimp. You can also add other toppings (my husband likes sliced jalapeno or siracha on his).
I’d love to hear if you try this recipe. Are you a fan of fish tacos? What are your favorite type of tacos?